Thursday, January 8, 2009

C4

Well, well, well, look at what appeared in the mail today... the vaunted C4 Counter Culture Corner Cutter. The Rolls-Royce of counter clipper paraphenalia... Let the clipping of Beyond Valor 3 begin in earnest!

I know that there's an interesting divide amongst wargamers of counter clippers and non-counter clippers. Well I fall squarely (pun intended) into the former camp -- I love me some neat trimmed corners as you can see from the AAR photos of my ASL components. However, the C4 makes it so every clipping of your stack of counters is exactly the same. Surely this is the epitome of anal retentiveness and obsessive-compulsiveness, but these are the mad mutterings of jealous individuals without the C4. I'm going to put the thing through its paces tonight and see if I can't race through all the counters in my wargame stash from Christmas.

Check out Dave King's C4 webpage here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Non-counter clippers and clippers can live together in tentative state of peace, but it will not be everlasting.

One day you 'clipper' we will have your day of reckoning, and all across the land 'non-clippers' will rise up and avenge our brothers.

Prawnstintinov

scrub said...

I'm going to clip you with a 3-hole punch.

The 2 Half-Squads said...

Hey Scrub.

We continue to enjoy your web site. Keep up the good work!

scrub said...

Thanks 2HS!

Hope Dave gets well soon and you guys continue *your* good work!