Sunday, June 7, 2009

A couple of threads...


... from Boardgamegeek for those of you who haven't seen them:

1. richfam has a new geeklist up for the "Best ASL Scenarios". It's here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/10504

2. Attached to the list is a link to his "Next Steps" thread that reprints his article from a VFTT issue: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/80764

[EDIT: I have been informed by the commissars that the new list is old. And that I will be shot by firing squad tonight. :) ]





Anyone play any ASL(SK) yesterday to mark the D-Day anniversary? I was only able to get in an Overlord game of Memoir '44.

5 comments:

skippen said...

Great for you to point out RichFam's best ASL scenario list, but it is from 2005. Great list though.

blob said...

New? uh, both of these links are old, old old.

scrub said...

Weird! I could have sworn I checked the posting dates on them... maybe I was reading the most recent replies...

... I have no excuse. :(

Jay Richardson said...

Yeah, Scrub... that geeklist is *really* old! :)

Still, it picks a few more thumbs every year, and an occasional comment, so I guess people can still find it somewhat interesting.

> Attached to the list is a link
> to his "Next Steps" thread that
> reprints his article from a
> VFTT issue...

That's actually backwards: it was VFTT that took my BGG post and published it as a newsletter article. It was an interesting experience, since they neglected to tell me that they were doing this! It was a bit of a shock when someone complimented me on my article in VFTT: "Huh? Article?! What article?"

But there certainly was no evil intent on VFTT's part here, and VFTT's publisher and I are still on good terms. I'm pleased that they felt that something I wrote was good enough to reprint.

I actually haven't posted much lately. My last big article was a session report/scenario anaylsis of "The Schoolhouse" on the BGG Streets of Fire page, with some graphics that really show what a massive Deluxe scenario is really like. I'll probably do a review of Streets of Fire next, since it is my favorite ASL module. I've got my notes and outline ready, and the graphics are completed... I just need to sit down and write the thing.

scrub said...

Thanks for the lowdown Jay! Hopefully MMP gets the reprint of the DASL stuff with SK-style maps done before 2011...