Saturday, May 30, 2009

TABSCon XIX June 2009 & other stuff...

Wheeee! 1. Alright you apes, TABSCon XIX is just four weeks away on June 27th!

That's the good news. The even better news is that my previously unavoidable social engagement on that day is now kaput and I'm free to attend. Andy, rev up the ASL machine -- I'm ready for a full ASL learning experience (or butt-kicking). Peloton, let's ASLSK-it-up!

Consider this an invitation for anyone in the Greater Toronto Area (and beyond) to get down to TABSCon and get your gaming on!

2. Battles Magazine has launched and has gotten a ton of good buzz. So, I continued my one man quest to restart the moribund global economy and purchased a copy. It arrived in less than a week and long story short, it is worth every penny. I have never seen such a graphically pleasing wargame magazine. And the content? It's great too. Go get yourself a copy if you're a wargamer -- it even has ASL and ASLSK scenarios!

3. In non-ASL-related news, I will soon have a published article in MMP's Operations Magazine. Alas, it's based on this and not ASL, loyal readers. Never fear though, I've been pondering a submission based on ASL(SK) for Operations in the future.

4. Lastly, thanks to everyone who has been emailing me comments about the blog. Much appreciated!

p.s. Happy Birthday to Mrs. scrub. She's, uh, 27 today. Yeah, yeah, that's it...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Andy Beaton said...

Bring It On, scrub!
Send me an email at aiabx # interlog.com and we'll sort out the details.
-Andy

scrub said...

What shall we play Andy?

Andy Beaton said...

I can bring the gear for pretty much anything in Europe that doesn't involve Italy or Allied Minor Vehicles. I'm going through a bit of an early war phase right now, but I'm happy to do the classic Stalingrad/Berlin/Normandy scenarios as well.
Have you got a preference? Or anything you're curious about?

scrub said...

I'm partial to Stalingrad stuff so anything you think that's good fer learnin' past the SK-level is fine by me.

Andy Beaton said...

Sounds to me like you should try Guryev's Headquarters. All the misery of Stalingrad on deluxe boards.

scrub said...

Deluxe boards?! Only the best will do for the scrub.

Andy Beaton said...

You want deluxe? I'll prepare the solid oak and velvet caskets for your men.
I'm hoping to show up around 9:30 or so, if that suits you.

scrub said...

Sounds great! I can't wait to charge into the bore-sighted mgs!

Drink Recipes said...

Great reaading your post