Monday, August 31, 2009

S15 AAR - The long story short...

It wasn't pretty. MartijnV, my opponent, took me apart quite skillfully to make it to the VASLeague Final.

Complete AAR to follow but I just wanted to mention that once again, my game was a super-positive experience. I have yet, knock on wood, to play anyone who wasn't a good sport.

Also, Martijn and I drew quite an audience. Kudos to Lorenzo and ChrisNL who were another set of eyes for us for rules oversights. Again, the ASL community seems to be quite awesome.

3 comments:

Martijn Vos said...

I agree. While our game was a lot of fun, a really exciting and dynamic scenario (though a bit one-sided in who took the beating), what I loved most of all about our game was the people. The audience; you; it seems ASL players are generally fantastic people, and I feel proud of becoming part of this hobby.

When I started (about 9 months ago), I expected ASL to be fun but really complex, and I expected the people to be somewhat stuffy rules-lawyers. Man, was I wrong! I should have started playing ASL ages ago.

scrub said...

I agree. Great community!

Laurent Tinture said...

and sure, i will be there to spot the final !
Martijn is playing strong moves and my friend grosbil will have some work to win ;-)

Lorenzo.